Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sneak Attack First Day of Class in EDU 255



Hey Guys!!
On the very first day of class Professor Yang surprised all of us and told us we were to be teaching a lesson right of the bat.  My first thoughts were there is no way I can do this without any preparation and I automatically got nervous.  My seconds thoughts were there is no way I can do a good job if I doubt myself right from the start.  So I then put on my postive and creativity hat on and came up with a good activity to teach on a first day of class.  It's always important to get to know your students right of the bat and have students know each other's names.  I used a fun activity to not only helped the students and me as the teacher learn names but it also worked on hand-eye coordination.
After watching my video there are a few things that I noticed that need to be worked on.  As a teacher I need use my voice to control the class and the activity.  In this particular video my voice was soft and hesitant.  Next time I teach I need to focus on not being nervous and having full confidence in my teaching ability and using my voice to portray this confidence.  I also need to find a way to get the students interested right off the bat.  I need to use a HOOK so students are engaged and anxious to see what I am going to teach.  All in all I don't think my surprise teaching attack went that bad.  There are a few things I need to work on.  Let me know what you guys think!

No comments:

Post a Comment